Old Hastings Preservation Society was founded in 1952 to promote the permanent preservation of buildings of beauty/historic interest, especially in Hastings & St. Leonards and foster an appreciation of the history of Hastings. We encourage and record research which supports our objectives. Good architecture, design and town planning is encouraged. In 1956 we founded the Hastings Fishermen’s Museum open daily in Rock-a-Nore Road and more recently Hastings History House.
As part of the year-long project to research and celebrate West Street, a new, free publication the ‘West Street Chronicle’ will be launched at the street party on Sunday 29th July from 2-5pm.
The road will be closed to traffic and West Street will be celebrating with a range of activities, open studios, children’s workshops, refreshments and games. It will feature live music from Thomas Truax.